Wouldn’t it be nice to earn some cash to help you attack your debt and pay it off?
We thought so. :-)
Introducing The Debt Scholarships.
Thanks to our awesome sponsors (See Debt Scholarship sponsors) we have over $15k that we want to give to our Debt Movement community.
Yes, $15,000 dollars! That’s real cash money!
What’s the catch?
The only “catch” is that you actually have to earn the money. No handouts here.
Applicants will be rewarded based on transparency and willingness to tackle their debt situation head on.
Need more details? Keep reading…..
How to Win
Step 1: Apply - Complete the Debt Scholarship Application. Applicants will have until February 14th to complete the Debt Scholarship Application.
Step 2: Sign Up for The Debt Movement Newsletter – We will need your email address to contact you throughout the duration of the movement.
Step 3: Track Your Progress - 1) At minimum we will be sending out a survey twice a month to see how your progress is doing. We will expect you to be as honest about your progress as possible. Winners are not solely based on total debt paid off, but also the ability to show poise and determination through financial setbacks.
2) Keep track of all your debt paid off. The easiest way is to use ReadyForZero. Why? It’s free! If you prefer not to, then you’ll be able to let us know how much you’ve paid off with the survey we email you.
The Official Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Debt Movement Scholarships is open only to those legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application. Current employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor and its related companies and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entries must first complete Debt Scholarship Application. For the first round of scholarships, entries must submit applications by February 15th, 2013. This is subject to change.
3. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Winners will be selected by a pre-determined panel.
4. PRIZES: Debt Scholarships will be awarded in different increments of $2,000, $1,000, or $500. This is subject to change depending on the number of sponsors we have at the conclusion of the movement.
5. PRIVACY: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge that the Sponsor and its related companies may also call and/or send you information it thinks may be of interest to you.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Scholarship Prize Recipients agree that Sponsor may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, the Sponsor, the Scholarship Program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by The Debt Movement.
7. OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor will own your Application, including your written response submission, and (b) as between you and Sponsor, Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the Application and the written response submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the “Rights”). Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Application and written response submission(s) for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Application and written response submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the Application and the written response submissions.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Scholarship Program, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Scholarship Program but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
10. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: Except where prohibited, potential Scholarship Prize Recipients (or their parents or legal guardians if they are minors at the time of application) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification or the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient. If notification to a potential Scholarship Prize Recipient is returned as undeliverable, the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score may become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient.
11. NO OBLIGATION TO USE. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
12. IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company’s respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant’s ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
13. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the The Debt Movement Scholarships by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate The Debt Movement Scholarships.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONS. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of The Debt Movement Scholarships or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.