ReadyForZero the only way to track?

Home Forums The Debt Movement ReadyForZero the only way to track?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jeffchaplin 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

gostumpy
    Participant

I have to ask, is ReadyForZero the only way?

Unfortunately I don’t want to link my online bank account #’s and passwords for hopefully obvious reasons, is there another way to track progress?

Thanks and keep up the great work!!

RodRFZ
    Key Master

Hi – my name is Rod and I’m CEO of ReadyForZero.

First and foremost, we are dedicated to protecting our users’ privacy and security above all else. There is more information about our platform and security measures here: https://www.readyforzero.com/security

Our users have used ReadyForZero to pay down over $30 million of debt on their own.

With that said, you can track your progress manually yourself and send your results to debtfree@debtmovement.com. We can then add your progress to the rest of community.

Feel free to contact me directly anytime if you have any other questions or thoughts. Good luck!

Rod

Rod Ebrahimi
    CEO | ReadyForZero
    415.683.0767 | readyforzero.com | innovatebig.com

gostumpy
    Participant

Thank you very much for your response!

I hold nothing against ReadyForZero, I do not use mint.com for the same reasons.

debtperception
    Participant

I’m hesitant to use ReadyForZero as well…don’t feel comfortable giving my account information out.

clgp1953
    Participant

I started using ReadyforZero some time ago-no issues whatsoever.  I do not work for ReadyforZero, nor do I know anyone who does. If you are tracking your finances and use the alerts-you will immediately know if something happens to an account.  I glance at my bank accounts twice a day-both checking and savings-between the log in and looking at debits and credits-a less than a minute task that is so automatic for me. If something is off, because I track my spending, I am going to see it immediately.  I worry more about shopping on line than I do ReadyforZero.

bulawanten
    Participant

I’m also hesitant to give one company all the passwords/access to all my accounts. Maybe I’m just a prude.

debtperception
    Participant

I tried it out.  It wouldn’t connect to my main bank account that holds my main credit card.  It connected fine to my cancelled BOA card and to Sallie Mae.  I’m not so worried about anyone hacking into those…all they could do is pay my bills.  :)

Shannon
    Key Master

Hi, this is Shannon and I’m the Community Outreach and Customer Support Manager of ReadyForZero. I completely understand the concerns about security when using ReadyForZero. Please note that we have bank level security and we don’t store the login credentials you use when you link your accounts to your ReadyForZero profile. I know our CEO, Rod, mentioned this above, but here’s the link to our security page in case you missed it: https://www.readyforzero.com/security

Please feel free to reach out to me at help@readyforzero.com if you have any questions about our security policy, if you have trouble connecting, or if there’s anything else you need help with. I’m more than happy to help out in any way I can!

jeffchaplin
    Participant

What about the fact that your bank’s security policy and the protections against identity theft it may give you?  Won’t they all be invalidated as soon as you give your password to ANYONE?

Shannon
    Key Master

Hi Jeff – ReadyForZero doesn’t store your password information anywhere. When you link an account, you’d type in your login credentials to that account just like you would on the website of your financial institution. Once that’s complete a live link is created that is broken the minute you delete your account. We purposefully don’t store that information to better protect our users. I hope this helps explain it and please let me know if you have any other questions.

jeffchaplin
    Participant

Thank you Shannon, that does seem to address the issue.  What I would do then is check with my bank first and if they are OK with my account being accessed via your site and that it would not invalidate any protection they offer me, thenI would go ahead.  Something you might be able to do perhaps is to proactively seek such assurances from financial institutions and post them on your site.  That would probably go a long way towards boosting confidence in your operation.

But, I’ve just found out that you’re only in the US right now and I am in Canada.

Shannon
    Key Master

You’re welcome Jason. That’s a good point and we actually do already have approval to link to the banks that we have listed.  Also, we have a few Canadian banks on our list of financial institutions – if you’d like me to do a quick check of our database to see if we have the banks you’d want to link to, please send me an email to help@readyforzero.com and I’ll be happy to do that for you. I appreciate your comments! Any feedback we can get is extremely helpful to us as we’re always trying to improve!

stephiewil2
    Participant

I wanted to link up but I could only link about half my debt to the site, it would not link up to the others , or they could not find them so there is no point if all my debt is no on the site. I would still have to do figuring on half of it and the entire point is to put all my debt in and get a plan. It is too bad, I really liked the idea.

Shannon
    Key Master

Hi Stephie – I’m so sorry that you couldn’t find what you were looking for! Can you send us an email at help@readyforzero.com and we’ll double-check for the banks you couldn’t find?

jeffchaplin
    Participant

Sorry, trying to stop being copied on this thread but it looks like I have to post to update the email option.j

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You need be logged in to post

Login or Register